Blog 2
Welcome to blog number 2... aren't my names just really creative??
I do not think that it could be possible for someone to be in both a rhetor and audience situation. To be an audience, you are observing the rhetoric taking place, you are sitting in the background listening and watching the whole scene play out. When you are in a rhetor situation, you are actively taking part in the situation, you are speaking, motioning, and giving opinions and emotions based on the conversation. I think for both of those to be a part of the same person in the same rhetorical situation would not be possible.
When you are a writer, you should be making sure of what you are writing makes sense. For a writer to not know about his/her rhetorical situations would not make for a good text. When you are aware of your rhetorical situation, you might be able to express something in more detail and understand it more fully. To understand your rhetorical situation would be the same as understanding your grammar and word usage, both very important parts in your writing.
Question #2: "How would you describe exigence? Why does exigence matter in rhetorical situations?"
Exigence is the reason for the rhetoric. For this reason alone, it is very important in rhetorical situations. Without a reason for rhetoric, it would not exist, we would not want/need to function in any rhetorical situation.
I think that Baheri is absolutely correct. She is very similar to what Downs says in this book about rhetoric. Writing is not about proper wording or usage, it is about expressing and communicating ideas. If you had an idea and were super excited to share it with someone, you would not go into great detail speaking about it, would you? My guess is that you would probably express it to them as quickly and concisely as possible, maybe give all the details at a later date or time. The same thing goes with internet writing. There is no right or wrong way to communicate, it just all lies on the preferences of the people doing the communicating.
I still am struggling with the idea of constraints. What are the constraints in rhetoric and when do they apply? I think I will get them as time goes along and I continue to study the material and learn more about the process and pieces.
I do not think that it could be possible for someone to be in both a rhetor and audience situation. To be an audience, you are observing the rhetoric taking place, you are sitting in the background listening and watching the whole scene play out. When you are in a rhetor situation, you are actively taking part in the situation, you are speaking, motioning, and giving opinions and emotions based on the conversation. I think for both of those to be a part of the same person in the same rhetorical situation would not be possible.
When you are a writer, you should be making sure of what you are writing makes sense. For a writer to not know about his/her rhetorical situations would not make for a good text. When you are aware of your rhetorical situation, you might be able to express something in more detail and understand it more fully. To understand your rhetorical situation would be the same as understanding your grammar and word usage, both very important parts in your writing.
Question #2: "How would you describe exigence? Why does exigence matter in rhetorical situations?"
Exigence is the reason for the rhetoric. For this reason alone, it is very important in rhetorical situations. Without a reason for rhetoric, it would not exist, we would not want/need to function in any rhetorical situation.
I think that Baheri is absolutely correct. She is very similar to what Downs says in this book about rhetoric. Writing is not about proper wording or usage, it is about expressing and communicating ideas. If you had an idea and were super excited to share it with someone, you would not go into great detail speaking about it, would you? My guess is that you would probably express it to them as quickly and concisely as possible, maybe give all the details at a later date or time. The same thing goes with internet writing. There is no right or wrong way to communicate, it just all lies on the preferences of the people doing the communicating.
I still am struggling with the idea of constraints. What are the constraints in rhetoric and when do they apply? I think I will get them as time goes along and I continue to study the material and learn more about the process and pieces.
Comments
Post a Comment