Blog 6
Which piece of writing sticks out to me? I liked the "Only Daughter'' piece. This is not because I am an only daughter, or even an only child, but rather how it changes the writing. In this test, the writer believes that her answer to a writer's questioning would be different depending on how old she was, how she grew up, and even the mood she was feeling, and I can relate to that idea.
What did college mean to Cisnero's dad? He believed the only reason a daughter went to college was to get themselves a wife. Because of his perceived sponsorship, he did not really care what she did in college, as long as a husband came out of the many years she attended. I can think of a time where I misappropriated a particular sponsorship. I am currently a 3rd-year acro member, I have been on three different teams over my three years of participating in the sport. Before I joined though, I always thought of it as maybe a girl's sport where they just danced around and did not really do much turns out I was incredibly wrong.
How does motivation impact reading? I can think of times where I read to learn about different subjects. I love vehicles, cars, trucks, boats, it does not really matter. With this passion comes a desire to work on cars and do different repairs, but because I do not have a teacher to walk me through each step, it requires me to do research. I do research in many different ways, but the most common is reading articles online, searching diagrams, or even just looking up a trusty YouTube video.
Have you ever tried imitating other writers? I have tried it a couple times and it did not work out quite as well as I thought it would. For the most part it was just because I have my own style, and since there is no real reason to change, why should I? They say old habits die hard, and I am here to say that is true, so to change your writing to match someone else's style is hard and takes a lot of effort.
What am I struggling on in this lesson? Currently the only thing I am struggling on is this midnight deadline. Other than that, I feel confident about this lesson so far. I have a couple friends who are taking this class right now in an actual classroom, so they are also able to help me out and give me advice as I need it.
What did college mean to Cisnero's dad? He believed the only reason a daughter went to college was to get themselves a wife. Because of his perceived sponsorship, he did not really care what she did in college, as long as a husband came out of the many years she attended. I can think of a time where I misappropriated a particular sponsorship. I am currently a 3rd-year acro member, I have been on three different teams over my three years of participating in the sport. Before I joined though, I always thought of it as maybe a girl's sport where they just danced around and did not really do much turns out I was incredibly wrong.
How does motivation impact reading? I can think of times where I read to learn about different subjects. I love vehicles, cars, trucks, boats, it does not really matter. With this passion comes a desire to work on cars and do different repairs, but because I do not have a teacher to walk me through each step, it requires me to do research. I do research in many different ways, but the most common is reading articles online, searching diagrams, or even just looking up a trusty YouTube video.
Have you ever tried imitating other writers? I have tried it a couple times and it did not work out quite as well as I thought it would. For the most part it was just because I have my own style, and since there is no real reason to change, why should I? They say old habits die hard, and I am here to say that is true, so to change your writing to match someone else's style is hard and takes a lot of effort.
What am I struggling on in this lesson? Currently the only thing I am struggling on is this midnight deadline. Other than that, I feel confident about this lesson so far. I have a couple friends who are taking this class right now in an actual classroom, so they are also able to help me out and give me advice as I need it.
Comments
Post a Comment