Blog 7
Different language type at home vs. school. I think this type of thing is a tricky thing to talk about, especially nowadays. I think the biggest way to solve it if you are really that concerned about it is to do one way of talking for everyone. If you are going to do something for Black kids, you had better do it for the Asian and Indian kids. If you only do it for one culture or race, yes, it is definitely racism. So either choose one side or another.
Why were there references in the reading? I think he used them to connect with other people and how they think. This shows that some people think similarly and people are not always different. This also shows that people have similar code to others. When the writer references others he is just showing how he has the same or similar code.
Have you ever had a job that required specialized language, if so how did you learn it? I can not say I have had a job that required a specialized language, what I can say is that I had a job that had developed its own language just because. A couple years ago I worked as a mechanics assistant at a trucking company. What I did not know is that truckers have a well used four letter word vocabulary. This was something I made sure I did not pick up over the course of that summer, for reasons that are self explanatory. This is, however, an example of a specialized language.
When have I used code-switching? I think a time I have used it is texting my friends vs. texting my parents. When I text my parents, I tend to use more of a proper way of texting. When I text my friends, however, I tend to use a more laid-back style. I am not sure why I do it like that, but I guess that's just how I have been taught.
What terms are you struggling with? I do not think I am really struggling with anything right now. This whole code-switching and language specialization has been shared with me before, so I have a small knowledge of it.
Why were there references in the reading? I think he used them to connect with other people and how they think. This shows that some people think similarly and people are not always different. This also shows that people have similar code to others. When the writer references others he is just showing how he has the same or similar code.
Have you ever had a job that required specialized language, if so how did you learn it? I can not say I have had a job that required a specialized language, what I can say is that I had a job that had developed its own language just because. A couple years ago I worked as a mechanics assistant at a trucking company. What I did not know is that truckers have a well used four letter word vocabulary. This was something I made sure I did not pick up over the course of that summer, for reasons that are self explanatory. This is, however, an example of a specialized language.
When have I used code-switching? I think a time I have used it is texting my friends vs. texting my parents. When I text my parents, I tend to use more of a proper way of texting. When I text my friends, however, I tend to use a more laid-back style. I am not sure why I do it like that, but I guess that's just how I have been taught.
What terms are you struggling with? I do not think I am really struggling with anything right now. This whole code-switching and language specialization has been shared with me before, so I have a small knowledge of it.
Comments
Post a Comment