Blog 9
What do you think, currently, about the primary threshold concept for this project unit? This question also states, "why are there always restraints?" This is an interesting way to think. They are completely right about this idea though. It makes sense that there are always going to be restraints for writing, you have restraints for everything. It will depend on the type of writing you are doing, but ultimately you will always have restraints.
What in your words is an activity system and what are three that you know of? An activity system is something set up with a goal or purpose in mind. Some of the systems I can think of are:
Churches: These are set up with a goal to teach about Jesus. They use the Bible and preachers to help spread the word about Him to the different people.
Schools: Schools are set up to teach children and young adults. Their goal is to cram as much information into our small heads as they can in the few years we are there. This is all done to be able to give us a better chance at life.
Libraries: These are used to gain and gather information to help further the knowledge the school has helped you gain. They are also used as a reference center for research and understanding.
Define "genre" in your own words. I think that genre is to refer to a certain type or style of something. For example, you have different genres of books and music. This is to say that under the category of music, you have many subcategories that you can choose from. People create different genres to satisfy what they need to accomplish. For churches, for example, they won't play rock music, because that's not the goal they are trying to accomplish, instead, they have created a genre of Christian music to fit their style.
What activity systems use the Bible as a tool? Churches, schools, pathfinders, missionaries, books, poetry, and songs all use the Bible as a large tool. I am and take part of many of these different systems on a regular basis. All of these systems use the Bible as a way of teaching and guiding others to Christ.
What am I struggling with? I am still struggling with the idea of tools and how this all fits together into the paper I am supposed to be writing. I think the tools are the different ways that the activity system accomplishes their goals, and doing that through different mediums.
What in your words is an activity system and what are three that you know of? An activity system is something set up with a goal or purpose in mind. Some of the systems I can think of are:
Churches: These are set up with a goal to teach about Jesus. They use the Bible and preachers to help spread the word about Him to the different people.
Schools: Schools are set up to teach children and young adults. Their goal is to cram as much information into our small heads as they can in the few years we are there. This is all done to be able to give us a better chance at life.
Libraries: These are used to gain and gather information to help further the knowledge the school has helped you gain. They are also used as a reference center for research and understanding.
Define "genre" in your own words. I think that genre is to refer to a certain type or style of something. For example, you have different genres of books and music. This is to say that under the category of music, you have many subcategories that you can choose from. People create different genres to satisfy what they need to accomplish. For churches, for example, they won't play rock music, because that's not the goal they are trying to accomplish, instead, they have created a genre of Christian music to fit their style.
What activity systems use the Bible as a tool? Churches, schools, pathfinders, missionaries, books, poetry, and songs all use the Bible as a large tool. I am and take part of many of these different systems on a regular basis. All of these systems use the Bible as a way of teaching and guiding others to Christ.
What am I struggling with? I am still struggling with the idea of tools and how this all fits together into the paper I am supposed to be writing. I think the tools are the different ways that the activity system accomplishes their goals, and doing that through different mediums.
Comments
Post a Comment